>This is just a bit of fun, as a reward for answering all the tough questions. Answer as many as the following questions as possible:
- Which was the first chocolate bar created by Forest Mars in 1923?
- In what year was Magna Carta written?
- What was Genghis Khan’s childhood name?
- How many states are there in the United States of America?
- The whale, unicorn, lion and elephant are among the animals that feature in the titles of essays published between 1936 and 1941 by which author?
- Which word derives from the Greek meaning ‘to harden’, and is used in medicine to refer to conditions involving a hardening, thickening or scarring of a body part?
- Before the first move in a chess game, how many of the pieces standing on the board occupy black squares?
- Euripides won four Greek dramatic competitions and Aeschylus won fourteen, but what prolific dramatist won twenty-four?
- Simon Bolivar is known as a hero throughout Latin America. He led Bolivia, Columbia, Peru, Panama, Venezuala and which other country to independence?
- Who was the Sage of the Sakyas?
- What does Vishnu hold in his hand?
- What is the capital of Australia?
- Who was the first European to discover New Zealand?
- What mathematical symbol did Ferdinand von Lindemann determine to be a transcendental number in 1882?
- Which European country is bordered by Poland to the north, Ukraine to the east, Hungary to the south, and Austria and the Czech republic to the west?
- In politics in the UK, what term describes a member of the House of Lords who demonstrates political neutrality by not taking a party whip?
- Name 4 English football teams (from any division) that start with the same letter they end with.
- In 1819 Prussia set up an economic/customs union, to which other German states steadily joined. This union laid the foundation of Germany’s unity. What was its name?
- Aristotle came to the conclusion that the highest good that man could pursue was the ‘eudaimonia’, which can be translated as ‘having a good spirit’, or as happiness. But in which book did he set out this argument?
- What colour are a Zebra’s black stripes during the first 6 months of life?
- What caused half of all deaths from 1945 to 1986?
- What creature’s tongue weighs as much as a fully grown elephant?
- How many days can an ant survive under water?
- What country started the Christmas tradition of exchanging gifts?
The first person to find all the answers wins absolutely nothing … except pride. Good luck!
P.S. Please try not to use the internet to find answers the first time round.